[comp.ai] MIT ACM talk

thefool@athena.mit.edu (Michael A. de la Maza) (11/06/90)

                Lynn Andrea Stein  - MIT AI Lab

              Wednesday, November 7, 1990 @ 5 p.m.

                    Chu Lounge (38-201)

                        What is AI?

What do you AI is?  What questions should AI answer?  What AI project
would you like to do?  This talk will be a brainstorming session on
what directions AI should/could/might take, and how (or whether) real
AI research reflects these directions.

Come armed with questions, answers, dreams, and inspirations.  We will
engage in plenty of wishful thinking and hopefully a few good
arguments, as well.

theo@cs.fau.edu (Theo Heavey) (11/07/90)

thefool@athena.mit.edu (Michael A. de la Maza) writes:

>                 Lynn Andrea Stein  - MIT AI Lab
>
>               Wednesday, November 7, 1990 @ 5 p.m.
>
>                     Chu Lounge (38-201)
>
>                         What is AI?
>
> What do you AI is?  What questions should AI answer?  What AI project
> would you like to do?  This talk will be a brainstorming session on
> what directions AI should/could/might take, and how (or whether) real
> AI research reflects these directions.
>
> Come armed with questions, answers, dreams, and inspirations.  We will
> engage in plenty of wishful thinking and hopefully a few good
> arguments, as well.

Could I get the minutes/transcript of this meeting? Down here in Florida
we are trying to make a name for ourselves in AI (one day we hope to be
a small percentage as you all in MIT). Many of the ACMers here would LOVE
to get this information -- new ideas, new perspectives on old ideas, etc

Thanks muchly from a fellow ACMer

Theo Heavey
Florida Atlantic University
Boca Raton, FL
ACM Pres (If she only had the time to sleep -- anon comment about me)