[comp.ai] The Chinese Room

aighb@castle.ed.ac.uk (Geoffrey Ballinger) (11/05/90)

	A few months ago there was a long running discussion on the
subject of Searle's Chinese Room problem. Has anybody out there
preserved the interesting articles from this thread? Thanks,

							Geoff.
--

 Geoff Ballinger,                           JANET: Geoff@Uk.Ac.Ed
 Department of Artificial Intelligence,      UUCP: ...!mcsun!ukc!Ed.Ac.Uk!Geoff

s64421@zeus.usq.EDU.AU (house ron) (11/06/90)

aighb@castle.ed.ac.uk (Geoffrey Ballinger) writes:

>	A few months ago there was a long running discussion on the
>subject of Searle's Chinese Room problem. Has anybody out there
>preserved the interesting articles from this thread? Thanks,

C'mon, someone, repost 'em all!        :-)
--
Regards,

Ron House.   (s64421@zeus.usq.edu.au)
(By post: Info Tech, U.C.S.Q. Toowoomba. Australia. 4350)

frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) (11/13/90)

aighb@castle.ed.ac.uk (Geoffrey Ballinger) writes:

>	A few months ago there was a long running discussion on the
>subject of Searle's Chinese Room problem. Has anybody out there
>preserved the interesting articles from this thread? Thanks,

I have a few 100's of kilobytes of the more interesting ones....

-frisk

timm@runxtsa.runx.oz.au (Tim Menzies) (11/18/90)

In article <s64421.657893870@zeus> s64421@zeus.usq.EDU.AU (house ron) writes:
>aighb@castle.ed.ac.uk (Geoffrey Ballinger) writes:
>
>>	A few months ago there was a long running discussion on the
>>subject of Searle's Chinese Room problem. Has anybody out there
>>preserved the interesting articles from this thread? Thanks,
>
>C'mon, someone, repost 'em all!        :-)

No, no, no. An  end to the Chinese room please. Either that, or  can we
have a  seperate news group for  it???

--
 _--_|\  Tim Menzies (timm@runxtsa.oz)        "Two years ago, I couldn't even
/      \ HiSoft Expert Systems Group,          spell 'knowledge engineer'.