[comp.ai] Request for Information

cornicel@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Cornicello) (12/09/88)

I'm an AI novice looking for some basic information on the subject.
Where can I find the best source(s) for general information on AI?
Please write to this newsgroup or to me at:
			cornicel@elbereth.rutgers.edu
Thank you.

				Anthony Cornicello

rapaport@sunybcs.uucp (William J. Rapaport) (12/09/88)

In article <Dec.8.22.52.32.1988.9515@elbereth.rutgers.edu> cornicel@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Cornicello) writes:
>I'm an AI novice looking for some basic information on the subject.
>Where can I find the best source(s) for general information on AI?
>Please write to this newsgroup or to me at:

Try:

Shapiro, Stuart C. (ed.) (1987), Encyclopedia of Artificial Intelligence
(New York:  John Wiley & Sons).

tam@maccs.McMaster.CA (tam) (02/16/89)

I am looking for a real-time expert system shell for controlli
industrial robots.  I heard that G2 by Gensym is a good one for
process control.  Does anyone have any review on this package?
Is there any commerical expert systems other than G2 that is
capable of performing the same task as robotic control?

schulz@rhrk.uni-kl.de (Christian Schulz) (11/20/90)

Informatios about geometrical-technical modellers and product-
modells

A subtopic of the project WAP (knowledge-based process-planning)
at the University Kaiserslautern/CCK is the development of a
technical-geometrical modeller.

In the process of designing operations should not occur on geometric
objects (point, line, circle etc.) but on technical objects (shaft,
slot, hole, etc.), which are nearer to the designers' world of ideas.
Further these technical operations and objects are transformed in
geometric ones.

Now I have to look for a universal system for rotational and if
possible for prismatic pieces, which can be realized in a
generalized workpiece-representation.

Question: Who works at a similar scope of duties and might give
          me information ?

Thanks in advance!

Frank