[comp.ai] Looking for ByteNET AI Files

johns@hpqmolb.sqf.hp.com ( John Struthers) (11/21/90)

Has anyone downloaded the following files from "Byte" magazine's BYTEnet
Bulletin Board System ?  I'm interested in obtaining copies of the files
 - downloading the files from the US to the UK using Kermit at 1200
baud is not very efficient or cost effective !!

Thanks in advance ...  John Struthers

From BYTE 1990
--------------

These files complement articles that originally appeared in BYTE.
These files are NOT intended for commercial use.

October 1990
------------
"A Knowledge Engineering Toolkit," by Marc Eisenstaft and Mike
 Brayshaw, October page 268. A Self-extracting archive. From
 your DOS prompt, enter mike1.arc. The file will unpack itself.

MIKE1.EXE     177286 Part 1 of 2.
MIKE2.EXE     154881 Part 2 of 2.

"ES: A Public Domain Expert System," by Eric Summers. October,
 page 289. Self-extracting archive. From your DOS prompt, enter
 summers.exe. It will unpack itself.

SUMMERS.EXE   246810

Email: johns@hpsqf.hp.com        Mail:   John Struthers
                                         Hewlett-Packard Ltd,
                                         Queensferry Microwave Operation
                                         South Queensferry
                                         West Lothian  EH30 9TG
                                         Scotland, U.K.
                                 Tel:    0383 747 231
                            From U.S. +44 383 747 231

illusion@theseas.ntua.gr (Charalambos N. ATHANASSIOU) (11/23/90)

johns@hpqmolb.sqf.hp.com ( John Struthers) writes:

>Has anyone downloaded the following files from "Byte" magazine's BYTEnet
>Bulletin Board System ?  I'm interested in obtaining copies of the files
> - downloading the files from the US to the UK using Kermit at 1200
>baud is not very efficient or cost effective !!

>Thanks in advance ...  John Struthers

>From BYTE 1990
>--------------

>These files complement articles that originally appeared in BYTE.
>These files are NOT intended for commercial use.

>October 1990
>------------
>"A Knowledge Engineering Toolkit," by Marc Eisenstaft and Mike
> Brayshaw, October page 268. A Self-extracting archive. From
> your DOS prompt, enter mike1.arc. The file will unpack itself.

>MIKE1.EXE     177286 Part 1 of 2.
>MIKE2.EXE     154881 Part 2 of 2.

>"ES: A Public Domain Expert System," by Eric Summers. October,
> page 289. Self-extracting archive. From your DOS prompt, enter
> summers.exe. It will unpack itself.

>SUMMERS.EXE   246810

I am also interested in these files for the same reason. Please send a
copy to me as well.

--
Charalambos N. ATHANASSIOU	E-mail:
c/o Prof. Spyros G. Tzafestas	UUCP: mcsun!ariadne!theseas!illusion

theo@cs.fau.edu (Theo Heavey) (11/24/90)

> >October 1990
> >------------
> >"A Knowledge Engineering Toolkit," by Marc Eisenstaft and Mike
> > Brayshaw, October page 268. A Self-extracting archive. From
> > your DOS prompt, enter mike1.arc. The file will unpack itself.
>
> >MIKE1.EXE     177286 Part 1 of 2.
> >MIKE2.EXE     154881 Part 2 of 2.
>
> >"ES: A Public Domain Expert System," by Eric Summers. October,
> > page 289. Self-extracting archive. From your DOS prompt, enter
> > summers.exe. It will unpack itself.
>
> >SUMMERS.EXE   246810

> I am also interested in these files for the same reason. Please send a
> copy to me as well.
>
> --
> Charalambos N. ATHANASSIOU	E-mail:
> c/o Prof. Spyros G. Tzafestas	UUCP: mcsun!ariadne!theseas!illusion
> Nat. Techn. Univ. of Athens	InterNet: illusion%theseas.ntua.gr@uunet.UU.NET
> EE & CS Department		COM.BOX: NTUA
> Div. of Computer Science	Fax: +30/1/7757504
> Intelligent Robotics &
>  Control Unit (IRCU)
I, too, am interested in these files and WILL EVEN get them if someone
tells me where to call, etc. If not, please forward a copy to me via
internet address : theo@cs.fau.edu.
--

Theo Heavey
Florida Atlantic University