[comp.ai] References sought

mjohnsto@shearson.com (Mike Johnston) (11/27/90)

I just read a fascinating article in the newest issue of "Insight" regarding
a program called "Cyc" written using a custom language called "CycL". I
forget the name of the researcher but I was hoping someone on the net might
be able to provide me with some references to any articles or papers published
on this system. Recommended locations for retrieval would also be
very , very helpful. Thank you.

--
Michael R. Johnston		Internet: mjohnsto@shearson.com
System Administrator		UUCP:     uunet!slcpi!mjohnsto

minsky@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Marvin Minsky) (11/28/90)

In article <1990Nov26.210143.11223@shearson.com> mjohnsto@shearson.com (Mike Johnston) writes:
>I just read a fascinating article in the newest issue of "Insight" regarding
>a program called "Cyc"...

This is the CYC project at MCC, Austin Texas.  It is described in
a recent book, "Building Large Knowledge-Based Systems", by Douglas B.
Lenat and R.V.Guha,  Addison-Wesly, 1990.