[comp.ai] artificial ants

drogoul@lpia4.Berkeley.EDU (Drogoul Alexis 42.28.96.38) (12/13/90)

Hello !

I'm going to work on modelling some activities of an anthill using
reactive agents (Under a system called Eco-Problem-Solving). I would
like to have all the references that can be found on this subject (Did
anybody use Distributed Artificial Intelligence to model insects ? What
are the other approaches to this problem ?).

	Thanks a lot!

aighb@castle.ed.ac.uk (Geoffrey Ballinger) (12/13/90)

In article <3435@litp.ibp.fr> drogoul@lpia4.Berkeley.EDU (Drogoul Alexis 42.28.96.38) writes:
- [ ... ]

	I have tried mailing you as drogoul@lpia.Berkley.EDU,
drogoul@Berkley.EDU and drogoul%lpia4@Berkley.EDU but my mail has
bounced every time. Can you let me know your correct email address.
Thanks,

	Geoff.
--
 Geoff Ballinger,                           JANET: Geoff@Uk.Ac.Ed
 Department of Artificial Intelligence,      UUCP: ...!mcsun!ukc!Ed.Ac.Uk!Geoff

maler@irisa.fr (Oded Maler) (12/13/90)

From article <3435@litp.ibp.fr>, by drogoul@lpia4.Berkeley.EDU (Drogoul Alexis 42.28.96.38):

> Hello !
>
> I'm going to work on modelling some activities of an anthill using
> reactive agents (Under a system called Eco-Problem-Solving). I would
> like to have all the references that can be found on this subject (Did
> anybody use Distributed Artificial Intelligence to model insects ? What
> are the other approaches to this problem ?).
>
> 	Thanks a lot!

I can think of two references:

Deneubourg, Goss et al., The Dynamics of Collective Sorting ..., Proceedings
of SAB'90 (not yet published). The Authors' address is: Unit of Behavioral
Ecology, CP 231, Universite Libte de Bruxelles, 1050 Bruxelles

M Resnick, Animal Simulations with *LOGO..., the same unpublished proceedings,
author's e-mail: mres@altdorf.ai.mit.edu.

There is a lot insect-AI literature, but these two are more specific to
colonies of ants (or turtles..)

Oded Maler
IRISA
Campuse de Beaulieu