[comp.ai] Looking for a reference about the generic model of planning

seamin@icaen.uiowa.edu (Seyamak Amin) (12/15/90)

Is anybody aware of a reference about the generic
model of planning.
Does such model have been proposed? In what extent?
I appreciate any point to literature and/or comments.

Thanks,
S. Amin
amin@herky.cs.uiowa.edu

hendler@dormouse.cs.umd.edu (Jim Hendler) (12/16/90)

In article <3603@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> seamin@icaen.uiowa.edu (Seyamak Amin) writes:
>Is anybody aware of a reference about the generic
>model of planning.
>Does such model have been proposed? In what extent?
>I appreciate any point to literature and/or comments.
>
>Thanks,
>S. Amin
>amin@herky.cs.uiowa.edu

You might wish to check out a review article on planning systems that
Austin Tate, Mark Drummond, and I wrote for the AI Magazine.  It was
in this year's Spring issue.  You might also want to check out
"readings in planning" which is a compendium of well-known
planning papers (Morgan-Kaufman, 1990).