[comp.ai] Machine Learning Databases??????

wtj@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Wayne Jenkins) (01/07/91)

Does anyone have any information on the Machine Learning Databases
maintained at the University of California.  Are they for general
access and if so how can they be accessed??

Are there any other sites with suitable database libraries for machine
learning???

Wayne Jenkins
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Melbourne, Australia

E-Mail:: wtj@goanna.oz.au

kthompso@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov (Kevin Thompson) (01/08/91)

In article <foo> wtj@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Wayne Jenkins) writes:
>Does anyone have any information on the Machine Learning Databases
>maintained at the University of California.  Are they for general access and
>if so how can they be accessed??

It's available via anonymous ftp at the University of California Irvine (not
Berkeley :), at ics.uci.edu (128.195.1.1), directory
pub/machine-learning-databases.  They are for general access, and
submissions are always welcome; the latest README file lists "70 databases
and domain theories" (totalling almost 10 Megabytes).

You can also access the archive by sending mail to
archive-server@ics.uci.edu; send an initial message with body of:

help

>Are there any other sites with suitable database libraries for machine
>learning???

I think someone at CMU has a collection of databases that have been used as
benchmarks for neural net research, but I don't have an address, sorry.

Kevin Thompson
(UCI grad student in exile)
--
kthompso@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov     NASA-Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA