[comp.ai] code for Schank miniatures?

martin@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (david l. martin) (01/31/91)

In the 1981 Schank/Riesbeck book, "Inside Computer Understanding",
Lisp code is given for 5 small NLP programs.  Does any one by chance
have code for these programs which has been ported to Scheme (or T)?
If so, I could make use of this code for an undergraduate class, and would
greatly appreciate your sharing it.

Thanks.

David Martin
UCLA C.S. Dept.
martin@cs.ucla.edu

waander@flubber.cs.umd.edu (Bill Andersen) (02/02/91)

In article <1991Jan30.205515.24431@cs.ucla.edu> martin@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (david l. martin) writes:

>In the 1981 Schank/Riesbeck book, "Inside Computer Understanding",
>Lisp code is given for 5 small NLP programs.  Does any one by chance
>have code for these programs which has been ported to Scheme (or T)?
>If so, I could make use of this code for an undergraduate class, and would
>greatly appreciate your sharing it.
>
>Thanks.

It's been a while since I have played with them, but I have most of the
programs converted to Common Lisp.  Does that help?  Really the only issue
in converting the programs was switching the dynamicaly scoped code in the
book to lexically scoped CL.  The conversion to Scheme or T shouldn't take
very long if you can't use the CL version.  Send me mail if you're (or
anyone else) is interested.

   ...Bill Andersen
   waander@cs.umd.edu