[comp.ai] PD ai software

cki25@cs.ruu.nl (CKI-IP 25) (02/12/91)

Hello,

We from CKI (cognitive Artificial Intelligence in Utrecht
(Holland)) are looking for AI programms like good prologs and
Lisps ,Expert shells , Neural network programs etc...
We would like to have lists of available PD AI software .
And of course the programms themselves. We are willing to trade
for other AI programms that we already have. But because this is
organised by our student association INCOGNITO we can only trade
with PD software. We are willing to pay for good software.

So if you have any please contact us.

E-mail me or write to :

Jan-Dirk van Dingenen
I.B.B. 109-II
3582XM Utrecht
Holland.

almond@lisbon.stat.washington.edu (Russell Almond) (02/13/91)

In article <4828@ruuinf.cs.ruu.nl> cki25@cs.ruu.nl (Jan-Dirk van
Dingenen) writes:

>We from CKI (cognitive Artificial Intelligence in Utrecht
>(Holland)) are looking for AI programms like good prologs and
>Lisps ,Expert shells , Neural network programs etc...

I have a package of code called BELIEF, written in Common Lisp, which
implements the Dempster and Kong fusion and propagation algorithm for
Graphical Belief Function Models.  It also implements the Lauritzen
and Spiegelhalter algorithm (actually a slightly more efficient
variation) for Graphical Probabilistic Models.  Both of the references
can be found in the recent book by Shafer and Pearl, _Readings in
Uncertain Reasoning_, Morgan--Kaufmann, 1990.

The code is available via anonymous ftp from hustat.harvard.edu and
beligica.stat.washington.edu  (128.95.17.57).  They are also available
via email from me (almond@stat.washington.edu).  As I am actively
interested in both maintaining the program and finding real
applications of belief functions, I am happy to provide email
consulting and bug fixes.  The distribution includes both TeX
documentation and sample rule bases.

>Jan-Dirk van Dingenen

	--Russell Almond
	University of Washington,