[comp.ai] PC LISP

faubert@cs.mcgill.ca (David FAUBERT) (03/01/91)

    I am currently taking my first AI course at McGill university and am
looking for an MS - DOS PC version of LISP. I would greatly appreciate
if someone would tell me what software company distributes it. Also
appreciated would be ideas for an inference engine I must write for a
project due in a month. This is optional! Please send me E-Mail at:

	faubert@emf1.lan.mcgill.ca

Don't send mail to the UNIX account from which I am sending this, it
will soon expire. Thank you very much!

cho@sol4.cs.psu.edu (Sehyeong Cho) (03/03/91)

In article <1991Mar1.053733.22139@cs.mcgill.ca> faubert@cs.mcgill.ca (David FAUBERT) writes:

>    I am currently taking my first AI course at McGill university and am
>looking for an MS - DOS PC version of LISP. I would greatly appreciate

Look at "comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d".
It will tell you how to (and where) ftp it.
(I got my pc-lisp from one of the ftp sites)
--
                      |  Yesterday I was a student.
     Sehyeong Cho     |  Today I am a student.
     cho@cs.psu.edu   |  Tomorrow I'll probably still be a student.

drolet@drolet.CAM.ORG (Jean-Jacques Drolet) (03/04/91)

In <1991Mar1.053733.22139@cs.mcgill.ca> faubert@cs.mcgill.ca (David FAUBERT) writes:

>    I am currently taking my first AI course at McGill university and am
>looking for an MS - DOS PC version of LISP. I would greatly appreciate
>if someone would tell me what software company distributes it. Also
>appreciated would be ideas for an inference engine I must write for a
>project due in a month. This is optional! Please send me E-Mail at:

>	faubert@emf1.lan.mcgill.ca

>Don't send mail to the UNIX account from which I am sending this, it
>will soon expire. Thank you very much!

XLISP, a public-domain implementation of LISP, is available for anonymous
ftp on wuarchive.wustl.edu in the directory /mirrors/msdos/xlisp. In
this directory, you will find the executable binaries, the source code
and a manual. If you don't have an ftp access, send a message to me
by E-Mail. I will try to help you.

Good luck!

--
Jean-Jacques Drolet            |    Snail: 2631 boul. Liegeois, Sainte-Foy
National Optics Institute      |           Quebec, Canada, G1W 1Z5