[net.records] Remember a song about Stevie Nicks

eli%uw-june@phs.UUCP (Eli Messinger) (11/29/83)

Date:Tue, 29-Nov-83 01:30:04 EST
Organization:U. Washington, Computer Sci

The name of the record was "Sit On My Face Stevie Nix" by a Los Angeles
(where else) band called The Rotters.

The story goes that when it was released Mick Fleetwood called all his
Program Director friends in LA radio and asked them not to play it.  Hence
the "Banned in L.A." line on the sleeve.  Funny he should even bother since
the song is so obscene that few stations would ever even dare.

I had the chance to interview the band (at KALX, Berkeley) around the time
it was released.  Their story was that Stevie used to be in the band, and
had left in a huff.  They were very sorry and pleaded over the air for her
to come back.  It was all pretty funny, but it seems to be the only joke
the band had up their sleeves, as I've heard nothing from them since.

Anyone in L.A. have anything new on them?

	... uw-june!eli