[comp.ai] Book Review

eisinger@ztivax.UUCP (Asriel Eisinger) (04/23/91)

Hello,

I'll appreciate it very much if someone could send me information on the
following book coauthored by Alain Connes "Matiere a penser". Is an english translation available or planned?
Thank you!

luong@lerins.inria.fr (Quang-Tuan Luong) (04/25/91)

In article <4839@ztivax.UUCP>, eisinger@ztivax.UUCP (Asriel Eisinger) writes:
> Hello,
>
> I'll appreciate it very much if someone could send me information on the
> following book coauthored by Alain Connes "Matiere a penser". Is an english translation available or planned?
> Thank you!

I have quickly read it. It is a dialog between Alain Connes (mathematician)
and Jean-Pierre Changeux (neurobiologist) about some issues
in brain and cognitive sciences. The trouble with this book is that none
of the authors have a deep philosophic backgroud, while the concern is,
to my mind, mainly philosophical. I think there is now no translation, I
suspect it is not planned. The french publisher is Odile Jacob.

Tuan.