[comp.ai] xerox 1108 system -- need help, or it's for sale.

ars@world.std.com (Alan R Sieving) (04/14/91)

I recently acquired a Xerox 1108 system.  It has Interlisp and about
40 distribution floppies.  Unfortunately, the person who sold it to me
didn't know much about it.  (And now I realize just how ignorant I
am...)

Anyway, can anyone tell me what software is available for this
machine, or where I can get additional software?

Alternatively, would anyone like to make me an offer for this bit of
history?  ($350/bro + shipping)

Thanks
-Alan Sieving
ars@world.std.com
617-647-3800

us267384@mmm.serc.3m.com (Steven M. Anastasi) (04/16/91)

From article <1991Apr13.183329.21862@world.std.com>, by ars@world.std.com (Alan R Sieving):
> I recently acquired a Xerox 1108 system.  It has Interlisp and about
> 40 distribution floppies.  Unfortunately, the person who sold it to me
> didn't know much about it.  (And now I realize just how ignorant I
> am...)
>
> Anyway, can anyone tell me what software is available for this
> machine, or where I can get additional software?
>
> Alternatively, would anyone like to make me an offer for this bit of
> history?  ($350/bro + shipping)

Ah ...., the 1108.  You'll find that they slide nicely under most
desks and make excellent space heaters or muffin warmers :) :) :)

Steve Anastasi
3M

paul@taos (05/01/91)

> Ah ...., the 1108.  You'll find that they slide nicely under most
> desks and make excellent space heaters or muffin warmers :) :) :)

They also serve admirably well as anchors for small to medium sized
boats that happen to be without.  XEROX had the right idea, but they
fell down miserably with that workstation. ...call your Key operator...

Paul

sticklen@pleiades.cps.msu.edu (05/02/91)

In article <4106@inews.intel.com> paul@taos writes:

>> Ah ...., the 1108.  You'll find that they slide nicely under most
>> desks and make excellent space heaters or muffin warmers :) :) :)
>
>They also serve admirably well as anchors for small to medium sized
>boats that happen to be without.  XEROX had the right idea, but they
>fell down miserably with that workstation. ...call your Key operator...
>

>Paul

actually, the 1109 version was quite good for its time. the real dog was the
1186. the main problem was the xerox didn't know what it had - but apple did...

  ---jon---