[comp.ai] References wanted

gb@lifia.UUCP (Guilherme Bittencourt) (12/02/87)

	I am very interested in recent publications concerning
Knowledge Representation tutorials or surveys, and papers
comparing different techniques of Knowledge Representation.

	If someone knows about or has published such papers, I'd be
very pleased if she/he could contact me, or send me her/his papers
and/or any pointer to such publications.

	Besides being useful for my research these papers will be
included to the second version of a bibliography on Expert and
Knowledge-Based Systems. The first version is just out as an
internal lab. report and is available (until the requests do not
oversize our supply !)

	Thank you for your help.

					Guilherme

 Guilherme BITTENCOURT          +-----+         gb@lifia.imag.fr
 L.I.F.I.A.                     | <0> |
 46, Avenue Felix Viallet       +-----+
 38031 GRENOBLE Cedex                              (33) 76574668

rapaport@sunybcs.uucp (William J. Rapaport) (12/15/87)

In article <3237@lifia.UUCP> gb@lifia.UUCP (Guilherme Bittencourt) writes:

>	I am very interested in recent publications concerning
>Knowledge Representation tutorials or surveys, and papers
>comparing different techniques of Knowledge Representation.

A new collection of essays, based on the ca. 1983 IEEE Computer special
issue on KR, has just been published:

G. McCalla & N. Cercone (eds.),
The Knowledge Frontier:  Essays in the Representation of Knowledge
(New York:  Springer-Verlag).

					William J. Rapaport
					Assistant Professor

Dept. of Computer Science||internet:  rapaport@cs.buffalo.edu
SUNY Buffalo		 ||bitnet:    rapaport@sunybcs.bitnet
Buffalo, NY 14260	 ||uucp: {ames,boulder,decvax,rutgers}!sunybcs!rapaport
(716) 636-3193, 3180     ||

fenton@m.cs.uiuc.edu (02/11/90)

Hello,

a friend of mine is considering doing her MS thesis on the application of
AI to human resource management. This includes things like

staffing
training
performance evalutions
(and a whole bunch of other stuff I don't remember)

She is interested in current applications, their affects (resource-wise),
future applications, fundamental limits, ethical issues (ie should a computer
decide if you get a raise or have to take a drug test?), etc. Does anybody
out there have any references or pointers to references on these or related
subjects? Thanks,

wayne fenton
fenton@m.cs.uiuc.edu

goss@ese.essex.ac.uk (Gossain Sanjiv) (02/27/90)

I'm not sure what newsgroup to post this message to but
this one seems most relevant...

I am looking for references on the subject of how
people associate items with names. Or better still
how humans conceptualize items' attributes from their
names, or vice versa. Confused?

well, so am I . I need to find papers on conceptualization
of problem domains, _not_ domain analysis, but on
how we deduce attributes of objects from  their namesetc.

Hope you understood this let alone have what I want?

Sanjiv Gossain
Essex University
Colchester UK
goss%essex.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk

iwh@aiai.uucp (Ian Harrison) (05/31/91)

I am looking for information about the following work:

1) XX -- A knowledge based system for hydrocarbon exploration

XX was being developed at the University of South Carolina in 1988 and I
have not heard anything more about it. Has it been completed? Is it
being used commercially? Are there any recent references about XX in the literature?

2) FUZWIN  -- A fuzzy sets based structure for representing knowledge in
classification systems

FUZWIN was developed at Polytechnic University, Brooklyn and Purdue
University, West Lafayette in the late 1980's. Are there any references
to it in the literature?

Thanks in advance for any information received.