[comp.ai] neural nets => fuzzy logic?

martin@adpplz.UUCP (Martin Golding) (06/19/91)

Could someone direct me to any literature on recovering the fuzzy logic
formulae out of neural networks? Failing that, papers or books on
similarities/relations between the two?

Thanks!

Martin Golding    | sync, sync, sync, sank ... sunk:
Dod #0236         |  He who steals my code steals trash.
A poor old decrepit Pick programmer. Sympathize at:
{mcspdx,pdxgate}!adpplz!martin or martin@adpplz.uucp

dclark@b11.ingr.com (Dave Clark) (06/19/91)

martin@adpplz.UUCP (Martin Golding) writes:

>Could someone direct me to any literature on recovering the fuzzy logic
>formulae out of neural networks? Failing that, papers or books on
>similarities/relations between the two?

Although I don't have any specific paper references, I know three researchers
at Florida State University were working on exactly such a paper.  Their
names are Dave Kuncicky, Susan Hruska, and Abe Kandel.  Perhaps you should
also look through the journal _Fuzzy Sets and Systems_.

>Thanks!

>Martin Golding    | sync, sync, sync, sank ... sunk:
>Dod #0236         |  He who steals my code steals trash.
>A poor old decrepit Pick programmer. Sympathize at:
>{mcspdx,pdxgate}!adpplz!martin or martin@adpplz.uucp

   Dave Clark                     |  Where cities / hang / and in the noose
   System Development             |  of cloud / the towers' crooked spires
   Intergraph Corp., CR1102       |  congeal -- I go / alone to weep / that
   Huntsville, AL 35894-0001      |  crossroads / crucify / policemen.
   UUCP: uunet!ingr!b11!dclark    |
   Internet: dclark@b11.ingr.com  |       -- Vladimir Mayakovsky (Ya, 1913)

phillip@cs.uow.edu.au (Phillip McKerrow) (06/21/91)

martin@adpplz.UUCP (Martin Golding) writes:

>Could someone direct me to any literature on recovering the fuzzy logic
>formulae out of neural networks? Failing that, papers or books on
>similarities/relations between the two?

>Thanks!

Try
	Kosko, B. 1992. Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems, Prentice Hall