[comp.ai] AI Jobs with Boeing Computer Services, Philadelphia, PA

nanda@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Krishna Nanda) (06/26/91)

	AI Job Opportunities with Boeing Computer Services, Philadelphia, PA

The Advanced Computing Technologies (ACT) center of Boeing Computer Services
(BCS), Philadelphia, PA has immediate openings for Artificial Intelligence (AI)
scientists and engineers with academic background and/or industrial experience
in (at least) one of the following areas of AI application/tools :

	- natural language processing : semantic representation,
		disambiguation, statistical techniques.
	- manufacturing technologies : scheduling and planning
	- process control
	- design automation
	- neural networks
	- AI applied to avionics, aircraft operation
	- fault diagnosis
	- management assistance
	- speech processing
	- machine vision

An advanced degree (MS/PhD) in computer science/engineering is required.

Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. No exceptions.

If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume to :

	Human Resources (Attn: ACT/AI)
	Boeing Computer Services, M/S P30-58
	P.O.Box : 33126
	Philadelphia, PA 19142

Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.

osborn@socs.uts.edu.au (Tomasso Osborn) (06/28/91)

nanda@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Krishna Nanda) writes:

	<job ad deleted>

>An advanced degree (MS/PhD) in computer science/engineering is required.

>Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. No exceptions.

This raises three issues:

(a) Aren't most PhD students in the US "aliens"?

(b) Shouldn't an ad which discriminates like this be posted to US
    domain (rather than "world").

(c) I can't remember the third point - maybe someone else can work it out...

--
Tom Osborn,
School of Computing Sciences,        " Beware of the small carrots "

kevin@milton.u.washington.edu (Kevin Caskey) (06/28/91)

In article <osborn.678074582@dragon> osborn@socs.uts.edu.au (Tomasso Osborn) writes:
>nanda@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Krishna Nanda) writes:
>
>	<job ad deleted>
>
>>An advanced degree (MS/PhD) in computer science/engineering is required.
>
>>Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. No exceptions.
>
>This raises three issues:
>
>(a) Aren't most PhD students in the US "aliens"?
>
>Tom Osborn,
>School of Computing Sciences,        " Beware of the small carrots "
>University of Technology, Sydney,

Hey, I'm a Ph.D. student here in the US (I guess Seattle is) AND a US citizen.
I did study in Canada for a while but I came back.
Kevin at U dub

murali@saifr00.cfsat.honeywell.com (R. Muralidhar) (06/29/91)

In article mumble mumble Tom Osborn writes:

KN>nanda@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Krishna Nanda) writes:

	<job ad deleted>

KN>An advanced degree (MS/PhD) in computer science/engineering is required.

KN>Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. No exceptions.

TO>This raises three issues:

TO> (b) Shouldn't an ad which discriminates like this be posted to US
    domain (rather than "world").

    <stuff deleted>

There may be a few people who are permanent residents of U.S. but working
outside the U.S. temporarily. Also, there may be a few people who are not
permanent residents yet, but may become soon, and would be interested in
job openings in U.S. This ad will do a good job of providing coverage and
exposure to those kinds of people.

Muralidhar Rajappa
Honeywell Commercial Flight Systems Group
Phoenix AZ

--
M.