[news.stargate] Status report

reid@decwrl.DEC.COM (Brian Reid) (05/15/87)

In article <1870@cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>I'm not pleased with the direction stargate has chosen, but I've said so once
>or twice and am waiting to see what really happens...
>
>Does anyone have a status report?  Has anyone bought the magic boxes?  Is
>anyone receiving the service?  Should I go out and buy me a dish?

decwrl has signed up and paid for the service. We have received one of the
two magic boxes, and we have received some software. We have bought a dish,
which is currently sitting gace down on the roof of our building awaiting
some approvals by a structural engineer and by the city zoning commission.
I expect that we will have all of the hardware installed and in place by
middle June or early July. You may rest assured that as soon as we start
getting the service that we will report on it.

I am a little afraid that the 6-month "trial period" will be mostly over
before we get our setup installed and working, which will prevent our
experiences from having any effect on the results of the trial.

Brian