[news.misc] The accusations GWS

gnome@oliveb.UUCP (04/23/87)

GWS said (wait, maybe said)...
>>And we do
>>recall, another, just amazing coincidence, Foothead indeed has been on
>>an anti-Koloc and anti-Arndt rampage from the very beginning of his known
>>net.existence.

From what I can tell from the non-renounced postings of PMK, he is a
guy who steadfastly into the pro-nuke, fag-bashing, non-christian hating,
SDI-loving line of thought that sounds very similar to the LaRouchies and
other pseudo-neo-nazi groups.  Foothead is (was) one of MANY people on the
NET that finds PMK's postings to be flaming, factless and offensive.

Foothead has a motive, therefore he must be guilty!
Because GWS has told us that he is the keeper of the One Whole Truth,
then it IS the truth -- Wait!  We've heard that form of logic before!

> I don't have the big guns that these guys seem to have, among them access to
> mail logs from machines ALL OVER the country, nor the knowledge to use them if
> I had such access.  ...  Now THAT'S intriguing:  who DOES have access to all
> the tools to enable them to perpetrate such a fraud on all of us?  By their
> own admission, using it all in an effort to "prove" their innocence and pin
> blame for the whole affair on someone whom they seem to have some vendetta
> against?  Who else?
> --
> Foothead

Even though Foothead is way-too flamatious, this doesn't mean he is
automatically guilty.
Using computer accounting records for proof in these matters is
like having crooked cops running Internal Affairs.

Who's going to be the next target of the self-appointed Net Vigilantes?

Gary

"Credit Fraud!  My God, that's worse than murder!!"  -- Cheviot, Network 23

PS- Hey, maybe the netpolice have an A-7 of their own!

pmk@prometheus.UUCP (04/26/87)

In article <861@oliveb.UUCP> gnome@oliveb.UUCP (Gary) writes:
>From what I can tell from the non-renounced postings of PMK, he is a
>guy who steadfastly into the pro-nuke, fag-bashing, non-christian hating,
>SDI-loving line of thought that sounds very similar to the LaRouchies and
>other pseudo-neo-nazi groups.

Hmmmm!  Must be a lot between the lines?  Missed kicking Whales, I guess.
Since, I have been a target of valspeak filtering by some nut, I thought
I better answer these "impressions" so that at least I can be criticized
for what I think I believe.

For the record:

   pro-nuke          I'm intensely anti-fission, especially space and bombs,
                     but pro-aneutronic (fusion) energy (the clean kind).

   fag-bashing       No, and I have never discussed the topic; and if this is
                     a reference to comments I made about AIDS, it should be
                     clear that I consider the disease to have no preference
		     as to sexually active adults' life styles.

   non-christians:   I play the devil's advocate when the counter argument
                     is couched in sloppy or pseudo science.  That not to
		     say that I won't offer a hypothesis of my own, in areas
		     where science is at a frontier.

   SDI-loving        I have been and am critical of SDI.

   LaRouchies        LaRouchies suck! and use fusion as a front and money scam.

   pseudo-neo-nazis  Nope, whatever the word Nazi is attached to, I'm opposed.

   commie-bastards   I consider a communist government to be a monopoly and
                     a sole corportion disguised as an international State.

What I am is slightly un-orthodox and sometimes original.  That makes me
an ENEMY of the status quo and crystalized brain.  Some of my concepts may
not be found in any of your text books.

I am not a devil worshipper and in fact I see "Prometheus I" as giving fire
to mankind with self-sacrifice as opposed to giving Mankind to the fire (of
hell).
What's Prometheus II?  It is dedicated to giving Aneutronic (fusion) energy
to mankind for use to explore and colonize this and nearby star systems.

                          Perhaps he is
               One of the 10,000 guarding.. .the path
                       Back to the Future!
+---------------------------------------------------------+--------+
| Paul M. Koloc, President: (301) 445-1075                | FUSION |
| Prometheus II, Ltd.; College Park, MD 20740-0222        |  this  |
| {mimsy | seismo}!prometheus!pmk; pmk@prometheus.UUCP    | decade |
+---------------------------------------------------------+--------+

gnome@oliveb.UUCP (Gary) (04/28/87)

in article <1005@prometheus.UUCP>, pmk@prometheus.UUCP (Paul M Koloc) says:
 > For the record:
 >    pro-nuke          I'm intensely anti-fission, especially space and bombs,
 >                      but pro-aneutronic (fusion) energy (the clean kind).

Anti-fission, great!  Aneutronic, hhhmmm...

 >    fag-bashing     No, and I have never discussed the topic; and if this is
 >                   a reference to comments I made about AIDS, it should be
 >                   clear that I consider the disease to have no preference
 >		     as to sexually active adults' life styles.

| in article <554@prometheus.UUCP>, pmk@prometheus.UUCP (Paul M Koloc) says:
|  Give me a break!   What a weenie statement.  Have you heard of paranoia?
|  It's a condition of exaggerated self importance and fear.  Buck up
|  buddy, pansies are pretty in vases and flower gardens not..

 >    non-christians:   I play the devil's advocate when the counter argument
 >                      is couched in sloppy or pseudo science.

No problem there!

 > What I am is slightly un-orthodox and sometimes original.  That makes me
 > an ENEMY of the status quo and crystalized brain.  Some of my concepts may
 > not be found in any of your text books.

Ok, Paul.  Since there has been a massive uproar over the tampered postings
attributed to you, I'll take your definitions at face value.

This last posting was exceptional.  Keep up the good work!  If this is the
writing style of the "real" PMK, then I take back what I said.

Only time will tell, though.

Gary

mct@praxis.co.uk (Martyn Thomas) (05/01/87)

In article <1005@prometheus.UUCP> pmk@prometheus.UUCP (Paul M. Koloc) writes:
>What's Prometheus II?  It is dedicated to giving Aneutronic (fusion) energy
>to mankind for use to explore and colonize this and nearby star systems.

Is he planning a long trip - or does he know something about Relativity that
Einstein didn't?
Martyn Thomas				mct%praxis.uucp@ukc.ac.uk   <or>
Praxis Systems plc			...seismo!mcvax!ukc!praxis!mct
20 Manvers Street,			Tel: +44 225 335855
BATH  BA1 PX         England.		Fax: +44 225 65205   (Groups 2&3)

reid@decwrl.DEC.COM (Brian Reid) (05/10/87)

Let me stick my nose into this discussion briefly. I have known Paul Koloc
for almost 15 years. He isn't what you would call "ordinary", but neither is
he any of the other things that people have suggested. He is a brilliant
plasma physicist, a dreamer, a very persuasive person, an iconoclast, and
very consistent in his outspoken beliefs. I don't happen to share many of his
political or religious beliefs, and I probably don't share many of his
beliefs about the ability of technology to save civilization, either. But I'm
very glad that he has the energy to focus on trying to implement his beliefs,
and I'm glad that the system has room in it for people who are as unorthodox
as he is.

The last time I saw him face to face was probably 8 years ago; he looked more
like Ken Thompson than like Lyndon LaRouche.

Regardless of what you might think of Koloc, I can assure you that nobody
is going to change his beliefs with the kind of amateur ad-hominem that I
have seen lobbed at him on the net. He's got many years of experience at
deflecting much stronger attacks than you folks can muster.

Brian Reid