[news.misc] A lousy way of hosing the 4-line signature limit.

phil@amdcad.AMD.COM (Phil Ngai) (07/28/87)

In article <479@unisoft.UUCP> jef@unisoft.UUCP (Jef Poskanzer) writes:

(something which makes my editor blow up)

Aside from that, it looks like shit on my terminal. Don't assume
all terminals autowrap the same. This idea sucks.

--
Americans are people who spend hours cooking rice so each grain is
separate and then have trouble eating it with chopsticks.

Phil Ngai, {ucbvax,decwrl,allegra}!amdcad!phil or amdcad!phil@decwrl.
in ToBI

apc@cblpe.ATT.COM (Alan Curtis) (07/30/87)

In article <17729@amdcad.AMD.COM> phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) writes:

>Aside from that, it looks like shit on my terminal. Don't assume
>all terminals autowrap the same. This idea sucks.

Forget autowrap, my terminal happens to be 88 characters wide.
Just imagine what it looks like to me!

Oh, sometimes my termainal is 87, or 86, or 85.
You see, I have a DMD5620 (bit map monster) running layers.

Soon I will get a ATT630, then I may have 129 columns.
Please don't do sh*t like this!

Do what I do, fix the software....
--
        This space intentionally left          | Alan P. Curtis
                  blank                        | AT&T,BTL,CB
                                               | +1 614 860 4749
Kudos to stargate for redistribution rights    | !cbosgd!cblpe!apc