[news.misc] New news group requested: talk.sysops and posibly talk.bbs.software

robertd@ncoast.UUCP (09/16/87)

    I would like some feed back on a new newsgroup called talk.sysops and
talk.bbs. talk.sysops would be a nes group for sysops that wish to exchange
information. talk.bbs.* would be a news group(s) for discussing certain aspects
of a BBS. Including software, relations, types of BBSs, etc.

    What are your opinions?

		[> Rd
--
North Coast Computer Resources(ncoast) - 216-781-6201 (or 781-6202)

UUCP:decvax!mandrill!ncoast!robertd

Sysop: NEODG (login "sbbs")

rsweeney@dasys1.UUCP (09/19/87)

In article <4530@ncoast.UUCP> robertd@ncoast.UUCP (Rob DeMarco) writes:

>    I would like some feed back on a new newsgroup called talk.sysops and
>talk.bbs. talk.sysops would be a nes group for sysops that wish to exchange
>information. talk.bbs.* would be a news group(s) for discussing certain aspects
>of a BBS. Including software, relations, types of BBSs, etc.

I can assure you, as the administrator of mail.sysops (which discusses
this sort of thing), that the traffic isn't there.  The sysops' list has
been practically dormant for the past several weeks.

If you're interested in subscribing (and maybe getting conversation
moving on the list), drop a message to sysops-request@dasys1.

/RS
--
Robert Sweeney              {sun!hoptoad,cmcl2!phri}!dasys1!rsweeney
Big Electric Cat Public Access Unix (212) 879-9031 - System Operator

sl@van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) (09/20/87)

In article <4530@ncoast.UUCP> robertd@ncoast.UUCP (Rob DeMarco) writes:
>    I would like some feed back on a new newsgroup called talk.sysops and
>talk.bbs. talk.sysops would be a nes group for sysops that wish to exchange
>information. talk.bbs.* would be a news group(s) for discussing certain aspects

I think that this is a good idea, but if would be more appropriate to place
them in comp, i.e. comp.bbs and comp.sysops.

--
{ihnp4!alberta!ubc-vision,uunet}!van-bc!Stuart.Lynne Vancouver,BC,604-937-7532