[news.misc] Anti-Crossposting Feature suggested

jfh@killer.UUCP (The Beach Bum) (03/01/88)

[ I know there is a better group for this, but I can't remember the name,
  and I looked and couldn't find it and so on. ]

How about a change to the news software which would mark some groups as
not cross-postable to?  It shouldn't be too much of a bother to implement.
I'd even volunteer to do it.

- John.
--
John F. Haugh II                  SNAIL:  HECI Exploration Co. Inc.
UUCP: ...!ihnp4!killer!jfh                11910 Greenville Ave, Suite 600

jgold@bbn.com (Jamie Gold) (03/02/88)

In article <3542@killer.UUCP> jfh@killer.UUCP (The Beach Bum) writes:
>How about a change to the news software which would mark some groups as
>not cross-postable to?  It shouldn't be too much of a bother to implement.
>I'd even volunteer to do it.

I'd like a feature that goes by message ID's so that you only see the cross
posted message once, instead of in every group you subscribe to that it's
posted to.  Perhaps some systems have such a feature, we don't.

-- jamie
"There's a seeker born every minute."