[news.misc] help!!!

cochran@mmlai.UUCP (Robert L. Cochran) (04/09/88)

	I believe I am having a problem posting to the net, as there never
	seem to be any answers to my posted questions or flames to my jokes.
	This is a test to see if my poster is working.  If you are of any
	considerable distance from the Baltimore, MD area please mail me a
	reply or post one and let me know where you are.
							Thanks in Advance,
							- Rob

gcf@actnyc.UUCP (Gordon Fitch) (04/14/88)

In article <285@mmlai.UUCP> cochran@mmlai.UUCP (Robert L. Cochran) writes:

>	I believe I am having a problem posting to the net, as there never
>	seem to be any answers to my posted questions or flames to my jokes.

This is a common experience.  Just post something really stupid.
A lot of people will tune in and you won't feel invisible any
more.

gore@eecs.nwu.edu (Jacob Gore) (04/15/88)

>>	I believe I am having a problem posting to the net, as there never
>>	seem to be any answers to my posted questions or flames to my jokes.
>
>This is a common experience.  Just post something really stupid.
>A lot of people will tune in and you won't feel invisible any
>more.

Leading by example? :-)

Please, just post something to misc.test, and half a dozen automatic
respondents around the US (perhaps around the world) will be most happy to
mail you a reply.

We humans don't need intentionally stupid postings; we have enough from people
who can't help it :-)

Jacob Gore				Gore@EECS.NWU.Edu
Northwestern Univ., EECS Dept.		{oddjob,gargoyle,ihnp4}!nucsrl!gore