[news.misc] Usenet-connected systems in France

gcf@actnyc.UUCP (Gordon Fitch) (08/12/88)

How can I find out the locations and paths to Usenet
nodes in or near Paris (if any)?  I'm especially interested
in those which might offer public access.

Gordon Fitch (...!uunet!actnyc!gcf)

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (08/12/88)

In article <1020@actnyc.UUCP>, gcf@actnyc (Gordon Fitch) writes:
>How can I find out the locations and paths to Usenet nodes in or near
>Paris (if any)?

I recommend posting a brief article to news.misc asking about it.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (08/13/88)

>  How can I find out the locations and paths to Usenet nodes in Paris

periodically, the latest map-files are passed around in news-group

	comp.mail.maps

many sites capture those semi-automatigally into a fixed directory
somewhere on the machine to use for routing mail.  look around,
ask your sys-admin - if you can't find it, it might be available by
e-mail request from an (automatic) archive-server somewhere, or from
a human being on a near-by machine ....

hmm, from your signature it looks as if you are a direct neighbor of
UUNET - they've got the files available for FTP, so I assume that
you can get them with a UUCP-connection also .....

--
-------------------->PREFERED-RETURN-ADDRESS-FOLLOWS<---------------------
(INTERNET)	werner%rascal.ics.utexas.edu@cs.utexas.edu

gcf@actnyc.UUCP (Gordon Fitch) (08/18/88)

}
} I recommend posting a brief article to news.misc asking about it.
}
} ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720

Brilliant!  I wonder why I didn't think of it myself.