[news.misc] IEEE PRESIDENT-ELECT ELECTION

greg@mind.UUCP (greg Nowak) (09/10/88)

Recently an article was posted to the newsgroups soc.culture.indian,
soc.culture.china, soc.culture.arabic, soc.culture.celtic,
soc.culture.greek, soc.culture.japan, soc.culture.jewish, and
soc.net-people, evidently in the attempt to ensure that no newsreader
missed the message, whatever his or her nationality.

The subject was the upcoming IEEE PRESIDENT-ELECT ELECTION. The
original posting appears to have been a campaign statement of one of
the candidates. The second poster, in his zeal, made a bid for high
placement on the Poskanzer (sp?) Honor Roll, but somehow only managed
to think of eight newsgroups to crosspost to.

What site could be so blatantly ignorant of net.rules as to
cross-re-post 180 lines of personal advertisement to seven soc.culture
groups? Was it Portal? Was it a BITNET site? Was it
brahms.berkeley.edu? Let's have a look at the sig:

..!att!attbl!hou2d!krsm
AT&T Bell Labs

Ahhh, that explains it. Looks like the AT&T news-user education
program needs a remedial section.

MCI, here I come--

                                greg

des@ptsfa.PacBell.COM (3E700x-Doug Sanderson_Gomke) (09/13/88)

In article <1772@sigma.UUCP> root@hou2d.att.com writes:
>According to another poster elsewhere, Mr. Sumner of AT&T apparently ordered
>his underlings to post his message to the net where IEEE members would be
>likely to see it. There was another posting of essentially the same blather
>crossposted to news.misc and some other group.

Since soc.culture.celtic has become nothing more than a forum for the
political blitherings of disenfranchised American/Irish, what difference
does it make if we get some American/non-Irish political blithering?