[news.misc] The Captain Crybaby lawsuit problem

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (10/13/88)

In article <770@novavax.UUCP>, maddoxt@novavax (Thomas Maddox) writes:
>In article <5611@hoptoad.uucp> tim@hoptoad.UUCP (Tim Maroney) writes:
>>[...]
>	Sadly, I find myself moved to respond to you only when you are
>taking shots.  Otherwise, your remarks simply don't move me at all.

Watch it Tom.  Respond to Timbo once to often (especially if you end
up doing it in *several* newsgroups), and Tim will threaten you and
your sysadmin and your site with lawsuits concerning harassment and
libel.

And if you ever MAKE FUN OF TIMBO, my God, you are in EXTREME DEEP
SHIT.  And if someone at your site shares the same opinions as you
do, he may even bring up threats of charges of "conspiracy".

Unlike Mark Ethan Smith, who has declared that he will not actually
pursue lawsuits, Timbo continues to send harassing and threatening
e-mail to the administration here, even thought they've told him it's
Timbo's problem.  I find it ironic, but not surprising, that John
Gilmore, the owner and sysadmin of hoptoad, complained about Kent
Paul Dolan on the grounds that he was a net.terrorist, and even went
so far as to carry out a private e-mail campaign to suppress Kent's
connections when he recently moved to California, but meanwhile let's
*his* own users exercise their "free speech rights".

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (10/13/88)

In article <770@novavax.UUCP>, maddoxt@novavax (Thomas Maddox) writes:
>In article <5611@hoptoad.uucp> tim@hoptoad.UUCP (Tim Maroney) writes:
>>[...]
>	Sadly, I find myself moved to respond to you only when you are
>taking shots.  Otherwise, your remarks simply don't move me at all.

Watch it Tom.  Respond to Timbo once too often (especially if you end