[news.misc] The Good, the Brad, and the Stupid

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (11/26/88)

In article <429@mccc.UUCP> pjh@mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>In article <Nov.22.21.55.17.1988.1278@topaz.rutgers.edu> clong@topaz.rutgers.edu (Chris Long) writes:
>
>=Chris Long
>=Mathematics Department
>=Rutgers University
>=New Brunswick, NJ  08903
>

>Are you student or faculty, Chris?  Just curious.
>
>Pete
>--
>Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
>Mercer College			CompuServe: 70240,334
>1200 Old Trenton Road           GEnie: PJHOLSBERG
>Trenton, NJ 08690               Voice: 1-609-586-4800

Are you a man or a toxic waste dump, Pete ? Just curious.

--
             Never confuse fruit flies with french frys.
richard@gryphon.COM    gryphon!richard    gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov

pjh@mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) (11/28/88)

In article <8949@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
=Are you a man or a toxic waste dump, Pete ? Just curious.

Is that a rhetorical question, Richard?

=             Never confuse fruit flies with french frys.
                                                    ***** fries

Pete

--

learn@chinet.chi.il.us (bill vajk) (11/28/88)

<                                                     ***** fries

< Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
< Mercer College			CompuServe: 70240,334
< 1200 Old Trenton Road           GEnie: PJHOLSBERG
< Trenton, NJ 08690               Voice: 1-609-586-4800

And there we have it, a Trentonian has spoken.

There's a sign on a bridge crossing the Delaware river, apparently
erected by the local businessmen, which reads "Trenton makes, the
world takes."

Some years back, some newcomer students took it on themselves to break
the lighting on part of the sign to make it tell the truth at least
after dark, when it read "Trenton  akes."

Local tradition had the balance of the two line statement of which
the businessmen took pride in the first half only, that second
stanza was "The world refuses, Trenton uses."

Glad you found Trenton, Pete. Must be a comfortable home for you.

Bill Vajk                                                    learn@chinet