[news.misc] Vote of Confidence

nyssa@terminus.UUCP (The Prime Minister) (11/21/88)

I wish to state that I have complete confidence in Brad Templeton's
ability to moderate rec.humor.funny.  I believe he has done a
good job.

Keep up the good work.

msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) (11/22/88)

I wish to state that I believe that Brad is doing a good job as
moderator of rec.humor.funny, that I enjoy reading most of the jokes
(some just aren't that funny to me, but that's just me), and that I
feel that Brad is properly ROT-13ing all jokes that may be thought of
as offensive.  I also wish to state that all news reading software
that I have seen has some method of passing over those messages that
you don't want to read, and so those who are sensitive to off-color
jokes can easily pass them by.  I believe that Brad is being extremely
considerate in placing offense reminders in the Keywords line.

Mark
--
Mark Smith (alias Smitty) "Be careful when looking into the distance,
RPO 1604; P.O. Box 5063  that you do not miss what is right under your nose."

rsvp@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (R. Scott V. Paterson) (11/22/88)

>I wish to state that I have complete confidence in Brad Templeton's
>ability to moderate rec.humor.funny.  I believe he has done a
>good job.
>
>Keep up the good work.

ditto

ejnihill@sactoh0.UUCP (Eric J. Nihill) (11/23/88)

In article <13205@terminus.UUCP>, nyssa@terminus.UUCP (The Prime Minister) writes:
> Keep up the good work.
 ditto

|     In God We Trust,         ||  ...pacbell!sactoh0!ejnihill    |
|   All Others Pay Cash.       ||          Flick Lives!           |
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

sz1@mruxd.UUCP (FLYERS Fan) (11/23/88)

> >I wish to state that I have complete confidence in Brad Templeton's
> >ability to moderate rec.humor.funny.  I believe he has done a
> >good job.
> >
> >Keep up the good work.
>
> ditto

DOUBLE DITTO THAT!!

I enjoy reading Brad's newsgroup and I think it's an asset to the network.
If there is something that I would find offensive I won't read it!
Those of you, namely  richmond and someone at athena, should find something
better to do with your time than to protest rec.humor.funny.  It's people
like you who have nothing better to do except protest one thing or another.
Do you have jobs, social lives, families; or are you too busy protesting
government, USENET, etc.?  I can see fighting for something that would
seriously endanger my family but a joke on a computer newsgroup is not
worth the time or the effort.  Come to think of it, this posting is not
worth the effort except for the DITTO line supporting Brad.  So chill
out and keep up the GREAT work Brad!

	Ziggy

clong@topaz.rutgers.edu (Chris Long) (11/24/88)

Ditto.
--

Chris Long
Mathematics Department

cs311s14@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Cs311s14) (11/26/88)

I concur, we should keep Brad as Moderator,
inspite of the fact that he's not a Yankee, (-8
and may not always agree with the RIGHT WAY .

af hampe

edg@bridge2.3Com.Com (Ed Greenberg) (11/29/88)

I also think that Brad Templeton should be left unhindered with
rec.humor.funny.  I got a good laugh out of the
"joke" and am unoffended.  Further, this whole brouhaha is silly and
it's time to get back to our jobs, our studies and our jokes.
				-edg

--
{decwrl|sun|oliveb}!CSO.3com.com!Edward_Greenberg	Ed Greenberg
	-or-						3Com Corporation