[news.misc] Dear Emily: Re: David's Last Wish

tim@attdso.att.com (Tim J Ihde) (12/17/88)

In article <4592@homxc.UUCP> rick@homxc.UUCP (R.BUTTAFOGO) writes:
>There is a young boy by the name of David . . . [wants postcards | Christmas
>cards]

Dear Emily Postnews:

During any one year, what is the appropriate number of times to post this
question, and how many newsgroups should it be posted to?  I want to make
CERTAIN that EVERYONE has a chance to read this EXCITING NEWS.

	Sincerely,

	Ima Newuser

--
Tim J Ihde				UUCP:	    att!attdso!tim
(201) 898-6687				INTERNET:   tim@attdso.att.com

--

brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) (12/18/88)

In article <709@attdso.att.com> tim@attdso.att.com (Tim J Ihde) writes:
>In article <4592@homxc.UUCP> rick@homxc.UUCP (R.BUTTAFOGO) writes:
>>There is a young boy by the name of David . . . [wants postcards | Christmas
>>cards]
>
>Dear Emily Postnews:
>
>During any one year, what is the appropriate number of times to post this
>question, and how many newsgroups should it be posted to?  I want to make
>CERTAIN that EVERYONE has a chance to read this EXCITING NEWS.
>
>	Sincerely,  Ima NewUser

A: The net's pretty boring if you don't do something outrageous to
make you famous.  Quick ways to do this include posting the story of
"David who wants the postcards" or requesting that everybody send you
a few dollars to pay for your tuition and BMW repairs.  You'll never
get famous if you check around with local people who have experience
with the net.  They can tell you if something been seen too many times
before, and that takes all the fun out of it.

If you want to get really well known on the net, why not complain about
the fact that you found a joke in rec.humor.funny offensive.  I know
a newspaper reporter who would be glad to listen...

You'll become so famous that people will start naming jokes after you,
and using your names as synonyms for colourful words.

You might become so famous that your mere appearance on the net after the
fact would draw many enthusiastic responses.  Wouldn't that be nice?
--
Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd.  --  Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473