[news.misc] XPRESS Exchange

ncoverby@ndsuvax.UUCP (Glen Overby) (04/26/89)

In article <2585@ndsuvax.UUCP> ncoverby@ndsuvax.UUCP (Glen Overby) writes:
>The scoop on XPRESS is they sell you a $125 "descrambler and decoder" and
>some program to run on your PC Clone (this is a LOT cheaper than what
>Stargate was using, as I recall).  Their data is sent into your computer
>over a serial port.  They carry 30 wire services, as well as a few of their
>own things.

I've received quite a few requests for more info on this company.  The only
information I can add is their phone number (they do not list an address):

        (800) 7PC-NEWS - General sales line (listed in their ad)
        (303) 721-5400 - Technical question line
                        (from the off-hours answering machine on the 800 no.)

I only recieved one reply with any info; it sounds like a fairly decent deal,
but they do have some trouble with certain foreign wire feeds.  I haven't
heard anything from Stargate, so they must be gone now.  It would be really
nice to get a newsfeed this way!
--
                Glen Overby     <ncoverby@plains.nodak.edu>
        uunet!ndsuvax!ncoverby (UUCP)   ncoverby@ndsuvax (Bitnet)