[news.misc] looking for path to vuse - Vanderbilt Univ in Nashville

gors@well.UUCP (Gordon Stewart) (06/26/89)

I am hoping that someone at Vanderbilt will read this and reply via
e-mail so I can get the correct path to "vuse"

I have tried various routes, all to no avail.

thanks.

--
    Michael Sierchio (in his guise as Gordon Stewart)

{apple, pacbell, hplabs, ucbvax}!well!gors	or	well!gors@apple.com

brown@astroatc.UUCP (Vidiot) (06/27/89)

In article <12397@well.UUCP> gors@well.UUCP (Gordon Stewart) writes:
<I am hoping that someone at Vanderbilt will read this and reply via
<e-mail so I can get the correct path to "vuse"
<
<I have tried various routes, all to no avail.

According to the map entries, vuse is attached to uunet.  Try:

ucbvax!usenix!uunet!vuse!user-id
--
	        harvard\     att!nicmad\
Vidiot            ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!brown

rick@uunet.UU.NET (Rick Adams) (06/27/89)

> According to the map entries, vuse is attached to uunet.  Try:
>
> ucbvax!usenix!uunet!vuse!user-id

According to the maps, the entry is DEAD.

This is confirmed in practice.

brown@astroatc.UUCP (Vidiot) (06/28/89)

In article <58831@uunet.UU.NET> rick@uunet.UU.NET (Rick Adams) writes:
<> According to the map entries, vuse is attached to uunet.  Try:
<>
<> ucbvax!usenix!uunet!vuse!user-id
<
<According to the maps, the entry is DEAD.
<
<This is confirmed in practice.

I guess not all of the maps have been updated, because uuhosts showed me
the map and that is what I used for the info.  I didn't pull up the uunet
map because it is just to damn big to look through.

Sorry about the bad info.  I just went by what was shown me.