[news.misc] Ufo discussions

root@centec.UUCP (Super user) (09/21/89)

One of our users here is very interested in the study of UFO's and
UFO conspiracy theories. Which newsgroups (if any) could I direct him
to read and write about this?
--
Ewan Grantham - Centec Advanced Tech. (...uunet!centec!root)
Confronting the impossible with the unthinkable

childers@avsd.UUCP (Richard Childers) (09/21/89)

root@centec.UUCP (Super user) writes:

>One of our users here is very interested in the study of UFO's and
>UFO conspiracy theories. Which newsgroups (if any) could I direct him
>to read and write about this?

Tell him or her to check out alt.conspiracy ...

>Ewan Grantham - Centec Advanced Tech. (...uunet!centec!root)
>Confronting the impossible with the unthinkable

-- richard

--
 *                                                                            *
 *          Intelligence : the ability to create order out of chaos.          *

gp@sys.uea.ac.uk (George Papadopoulos CMP RA) (09/21/89)

In article <12@centec.UUCP>, root@centec.UUCP (Super user) writes:
> One of our users here is very interested in the study of UFO's and
> UFO conspiracy theories. Which newsgroups (if any) could I direct him
> to read and write about this?

I think ParaNet is what he is looking for. Tell him to contact its
Administrator Michael Corbin (mcorbin@com.alphacdc.scicom).

George

PS. Why on earth would "ufology" be associated with "conspiracy theories"
    though?

drb@F.cs.cmu.edu (Dean Benjamin) (09/21/89)

Q: In which newsgroup can one read of UFO conspiracies and other fantasies?
A: sci.skeptic