[news.misc] RANKING

Cheryl.Walker@p0.f30.n147.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Cheryl Walker) (10/19/89)

Vic,
I suppose with all your many social committments you have forgotten
your Ranger rank, that's MAJOR HILL.  Don't get me started on heavy
sarcasm . . . we may think up another nickname for you.

I am sorry that you won't make it up that weekend . . . maybe pater
could give you a round trip ticket?  I KNOW you'd love to meet Jeanette
and Denise.  Keep in touch!

As far as a ship (sheep?) department, or Ranger dept, that's up to you.
Veitch is in charge of Recon, Dave is in charge of your old dept,
INFANTry, Peggy is still Support, and our NEW 1st Lt Mike Moery is now
in charge of Weapons Control, you remember him, he's the guy who joined
at STV and guarded the table.  The regulation depts are Science (Peggy),
Engineering (Dave), Special Services/Ranger Auxiliary (Mark), and
Security (Kris), oh yeah, Medical (Shirley).

I placed you into Recon, Remote, which is under Kris.  If you need to
know more, speak to him.  You are currently unassigned as far as
regular department.  Let me know your choice on that.

Commander Cheryl Walker

:

--
Cheryl Walker - via FidoNet node 1:147/10
UUCP: ...!att!occrsh!uokmax!metnet!30.0!Cheryl.Walker

maart@cs.vu.nl (Maarten Litmaath) (10/21/89)

Cheryl.Walker@p0.f30.n147.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Cheryl Walker) writes:
\Vic,
\I suppose with all your many social committments you have forgotten
\your Ranger rank, [...]

Aaaaaarrrgh!
I guess the following says it all...

	Date: 19 Oct 89 03:56:50 GMT
--
A symbolic link is a POINTER to a file, | Maarten Litmaath @ VU Amsterdam:
 a hard link is the file system's GOTO. | maart@cs.vu.nl, mcsun!botter!maart

edhew@xenitec.on.ca (Ed Hew) (10/22/89)

In article <103.253D711D@metnet.FIDONET.ORG> Cheryl.Walker@p0.f30.n147.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Cheryl Walker) writes:
>Vic,
>I suppose with all your many social committments you have forgotten
>your Ranger rank, that's MAJOR HILL.  Don't get me started on heavy
>sarcasm . . . we may think up another nickname for you.
>
>I am sorry that you won't make it up that weekend . . . maybe pater
>could give you a round trip ticket?  I KNOW you'd love to meet Jeanette
>and Denise.  Keep in touch!

	<more personal sounding stuff here>

>Commander Cheryl Walker

Why does the above sound suspiciously like private email, although
it is appearing as a posting in news.misc ?

Am I confused, or is someone else (and/or their software)?

>Cheryl Walker - via FidoNet node 1:147/10
>UUCP: ...!att!occrsh!uokmax!metnet!30.0!Cheryl.Walker
>INTERNET: Cheryl.Walker@p0.f30.n147.z1.FIDONET.ORG
                                        ^^^^^^^
I hope this isn't a new trend...

  Ed. A. Hew