[news.misc] GE Genie?

jml@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) (12/02/89)

Is there a gateway onto the GE Genie mail system? I may not be spelling the
name right.

Thanks.

| Michael Lodman               Mike.Lodman@SanDiego.NCR.COM |
| NCR Corporation  -  Distributed Systems Lab  -  San Diego |
| 9900 Old Grove Rd.  San Diego, CA.  92131  (619) 693-5353 |

magik@sorinc.PacBell.COM (Darrin A. Hyrup) (12/05/89)

In article <168@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM> jml@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
>Is there a gateway onto the GE Genie mail system? I may not be spelling the
>name right.

Not at this point. There is, however, an unofficial method in which one of
the GEnie users has set up a machine running UUPC to gateway mail from his
machine to folks on GEnie via his GEnie account, but for now that is the
only way. (I've forgotten the UUCP mail address however, but if he reads
this he may post it up for you.)

An official GEnie/GEIS <-> Usenet/UUCP gateway may well be on the horizon
however, and I'm going to do my best to help push it along.

>Thanks.
>
>| Michael Lodman		Mike.Lodman@SanDiego.NCR.COM |

    Best wishes...
--
Darrin A. Hyrup 	     // AMIGA Enthusiast	 rencon!esfenn!dah
magik@sorinc.PacBell.COM   \X/ & Software Developer   pacbell!sorinc!magik