[news.misc] Top 25 News Submitters by User by Kbytes for the last 2 weeks

mcb@presto.IG.COM (Michael C. Berch) (12/27/89)

In the referenced article, newsstats@uunet.UU.NET writes:
>          No. of       % of
> Rank Articles KBytes Total   User
>    1    19     747.9  0.8%   mip@massormetrix.IDA.LIU.SE  (Mikael Patel)
> 			       66% comp.lang.forth 33% alt.sources
>    2    18     633.3  0.7%   rommel@lan.INFORMATIK.TU-MUENCHEN.DBP.DE  (Kai-Uwe Rommel)
> 			       100% comp.os.os2
>    3    22     316.5  0.3%   gih900@csc.ANU.OZ  (Geoff Huston)
> 			       100% news.software.anu-news
>    4    12     298.0  0.3%   ander@pawl.RPI.EDU  (Michael R. Primm)
> 			       99% comp.os.os2
>    5    17     278.0  0.3%   kristoff@genbank.BIO.NET  (Dave Kristofferson)
> 			       71% bionet.sci-resources 23% bionet.journals.contents

Perhaps this is "old news" (since I don't look at the UUNET stats very
often), but I just noticed that the top 3 posters for the last stats
period are from outside the U.S.

I trust this should dispell any remaining doubts on the part of
participants who believe that Usenet is still an American phenomenon
and assume that what is true here is true universally.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@presto.ig.com / uunet!presto.ig.com!mcb / ames!bionet!mcb