[news.misc] Make Money Fast!!!

chet@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (eric j chet) (02/09/90)

This message is empty.

sigma@pawl.rpi.edu (Kevin J Martin) (02/09/90)

Oh my god.  Not another one of these.  Purveyors of get-rich-quick schemes,
especially ones using the net to perpetrate their crimes, should be locked
away.

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (02/09/90)

chet@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (eric j chet) writes:

>Dear Friend,
>
>     My name is Dave Rhodes.  In September 1988 my car was
>reposessed and the bill collectors were hounding me like you

Not only is this idiot trying to do a Get-Rich-Quick scheme, he didn't
even try to customize the letter.  It is identical to one I received
by mail a few weeks ago (and promptly forwarded to the local postmaster)

We should all flood his e-mailbox with mail.  This will let him know what
we think of this scheme.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.

karl@triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) (02/09/90)

jbayer@ispi.uucp writes:
   chet@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (eric j chet) writes:
   >Dear Friend,
   >     My name is Dave Rhodes.  In September 1988 my car was
   >reposessed and the bill collectors were hounding me like you

   We should all flood his e-mailbox with mail.  This will let him know what
   we think of this scheme.

Don't bother.  People are already doing so.  The point has been
made, emphatically.

[3] [9:01am] tut:/n/dinosaur/0/karl# ls -lg /usr/spool/mail/chet
-rw-rw----  1 chet     mail       105343 Feb  9 07:59 /usr/spool/mail/chet

(Undergrads do not often see their mailboxes in excess of 100Kbytes.)

--Karl

sigma@pawl.rpi.edu (Kevin J Martin) (02/10/90)

In article <KARL.90Feb9091710@triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu> karl@triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) writes:
>jbayer@ispi.uucp writes:
>   chet@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (eric j chet) writes:
>   >Dear Friend,
>   >     My name is Dave Rhodes.  In September 1988 my car was
>   >reposessed and the bill collectors were hounding me like you
>
>   We should all flood his e-mailbox with mail.  This will let him know what
>   we think of this scheme.
>
>Don't bother.  People are already doing so.  The point has been
>made, emphatically.
>
>[3] [9:01am] tut:/n/dinosaur/0/karl# ls -lg /usr/spool/mail/chet
>-rw-rw----  1 chet     mail       105343 Feb  9 07:59 /usr/spool/mail/chet
>
>(Undergrads do not often see their mailboxes in excess of 100Kbytes.)
>
>--Karl

Oh, I don't know...  I've had nearly two meg before, but someone had
mailed me NetHack!  :-)

Many thanks to Karl for jumping on this guy's back - if anyone can do
anything about it, it's him (being a "daemon" after all!).  Let's not
waste Ohio State's money, though, by mailing this guy multiple copies
of his scheme.

Kevin Martin
sigma@pawl.rpi.edu

terry@pride386.UUCP (Terry Lyons) (02/10/90)

In article <9002090034.AA22043@hydroplane.cis.ohio-state.edu>, chet@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (eric j chet) writes:
>                        INSTRUCTIONS
>
> Follow these instructions EXACTLY, and in 20 to 60 days you
> will have received well over $50,000.00 cash, all yours.
>   1)  Immediately mail $1.00 to the first 5 names listed
>       below starting at number 1 through number 5.  Send cash only
>       please (total investment $5.00). Enclose a note with each
>       letter stating: "Please add my name to your mailing list."
>       Enclose the filled out questionare. Be sure to fill out
>       as much of the questionaire as you feel comfortable doing.
>
>          (This is a legitimate service that you
>           are requesting and you are paying $1.00
>           for this service).
>[deleted]

OK can you say pyramid sceme?????????

before you fall for this go through the math... how many people, bbs's, etc...
will be involved by the time YOU get all your money!!!!

plus I'll bet the guy who started this is LONG GONE by the time the F.B.I.
Knock on your door to hear you tell them that this is legal!!!!!!!

you are forewarned!!!!!

terry @ pride386!