[news.misc] Canceling someone else's article

chip@tct.com (Chip Salzenberg) (06/05/91)

According to jp@tygra.Michigan.COM (John Palmer):
>ALL OF THE POSTS  YOU REFERENCE WERE POSTED BY A DISGRUNTLED EX-USER.
>THEY WERE FORGERIES - REPEAT AFTER ME: THEY WERE FORGERIES . THEY WERE
>FORGERIES. *GOT IT??*

Actually, they were posted by John's wife...  Morgan Fairchild.
Yeah, that's the ticket!

Listen, Dr. Roger John Rabbit Palmer Randall.  Some of us remember all
the way back to the time when you publically acknowledged that you
posted those cancel messages.  Of course, you claimed then that you
didn't intend them to leave your system.

The forgery story won't wash.  Give it up.
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip@tct.com>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
          perl -e 'sub do { print "extinct!\n"; }   do do()'

chip@tct.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:

> According to jp@tygra.Michigan.COM (John Palmer):

>> ALL OF THE POSTS YOU REFERENCE WERE POSTED BY A
>> DISGRUNTLED EX-USER. THEY WERE FORGERIES - REPEAT
>> AFTER ME: THEY WERE FORGERIES . THEY WERE
>> FORGERIES. *GOT IT??*

Hitler died by his own hand in a bunker when telling
the same lie over and over turned out not to be a way
to convince the world.  Is there a bunker in our
Johnny's future?

> Actually, they were posted by John's wife...
> Morgan Fairchild. Yeah, that's the ticket!

You actually think someone would marry this loser?
Then again, Oleg has a fiancee; what do I know?

> Listen, Dr. Roger John Rabbit Palmer Randall. Some
> of us remember all the way back to the time when
> you publically acknowledged that you posted those
> cancel messages. Of course, you claimed then that
> you didn't intend them to leave your system.

Heck, some of us remember back before that, when he
threatened to cancel the articles all over the net,
and a bit later when he did, and a bit later when he
sent email gloating over having done so.  Then he got
flamed to a crisp, and your part comes in.

> The forgery story won't wash. Give it up.

Right, what he said. Go back to claiming it is all
that evil Kent Paul Dolan's doing; your odds of
getting that fable believed are better; you can
blame anything on a crazy person, even the acts of
net terrorism you did that are physically impossible
to accomplish from anywhere but your site using your
account.

Kent, the man from xanth.

mem@zinn.MV.COM (Mark E. Mallett) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun6.215348.18519@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
>Hitler died by his own hand in a bunker when telling
>the same lie over and over turned out not to be a way
>to convince the world.  Is there a bunker in our
>Johnny's future?

To digress greatly:

Hitler used the Big Lie to come to power, and tried to use force to
take over the world (not necessarily to convince it of anything).  He
suffered a military defeat, but proved how very well the Big Lie does
work.  It was proven many times before, and many times since.

-mm-
--
Mark E. Mallett  Zinn Computer Co/ PO Box 4188/ Manchester NH/ 03103
Bus. Phone: 603 645 5069    Home: 603 424 8129     BIX: mmallett

 mem@zinn.MV.COM (Mark E. Mallett) writes:
> xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:

>> Hitler died by his own hand in a bunker when
>> telling the same lie over and over turned out not
>> to be a way to convince the world. Is there a
>> bunker in our Johnny's future?

> To digress greatly:

> Hitler used the Big Lie to come to power, and
> tried to use force to take over the world (not
> necessarily to convince it of anything). He
> suffered a military defeat, but proved how very
> well the Big Lie does work. It was proven many
> times before, and many times since.

Well, our sociopathy poster child is still on the
net, which must count as a major victory for
mendacity after the powers that be at umich.edu met
to consider whether or not to pull the net feed of
ddmi.com, and failed to do so despite the scandal
and legal exposure providing him a feed was bringing
on that institution (and continues to bring, I
suppose). Of course, he's had to change his domain
name by registering as michigan.com, change his
user-ID from jpp to jp, very likely wheedle new
feeds from the more gullible sysadmins of the net,
weave a skein of lies even a two year old would roll
laughing on the floor to hear, make his partner
appear a fool and liar as well in public, but still
he keeps dancing on the highwire over the pungi
stick filled pit.

It is worth noting that the Big Lie of blaming the
Jews for the failures of Weimar Republic economics
wasn't the lie that brought Hitler to put a gun to
his head, it was the tawdry little lies, ending in
the lie that a failed painter knew more about the
conduct of war than experienced ganerals, and
including the lie of a peace treaty with Stalin so
quickly violated, and that surrender was
unthinkable, the Third Reich could prevail over
superior force after the freeing of Paris.

Similarly, it may not be John Palmer's big lie that
everything he's screwed up to date was someone
else's fault that brings him down in the end, but
just the little lie that he's learned from his
mistakes not to try to be a big shot on the net
without the skills or ethical understanding to
carry it off.

Kent, the man from xanth.

herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (06/20/91)

In article <1374@zinn.MV.COM>, mem@zinn.MV.COM (Mark E. Mallett) writes:
> In article <1991Jun6.215348.18519@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
>>Hitler died by his own hand in a bunker when telling
>>the same lie over and over turned out not to be a way
>>to convince the world.  Is there a bunker in our
>>Johnny's future?
>
> To digress greatly:
>
> Hitler used the Big Lie to come to power, and tried to use force to
> take over the world (not necessarily to convince it of anything).  He
> suffered a military defeat, but proved how very well the Big Lie does
> work.  It was proven many times before, and many times since.

Looking at the subject line, did somebody try to kill Hitler's article?

dan

jhenders@jonh.wimsey.bc.ca (John Henders) (06/22/91)

In <1991Jun20.110540.4925@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com>, herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com writes:

>Looking at the subject line, did somebody try to kill Hitler's article?

	Don't you know your history?  Hitler's biggest threat to the world
was his wholesale cancelling of entire country's articles. These
"blitzkreigs" of cancel messages destroyed the net presence of Poland,
Czechoslovakia and France for years. This madness had to be stopped,
especially when some crony of Hitler's (some even say it was Hitler himself)
began posing as a giant rabbit and disturbing newsgroups with inappropriate
postings. Those who can't learn from hiostory are doomed to repeat it.

--
          John Henders        			jhenders@jonh.wimsey.bc.ca
       	  MIND over MIDI Productions	or ubc.cs!van-bc!jonh!jhenders

howie@ssc-vax.UUCP (Howard S Modell) (06/24/91)

In article <A0b7dhxa@jonh.wimsey.bc.ca>, jhenders@jonh.wimsey.bc.ca (John Henders) writes:
> In <1991Jun20.110540.4925@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com>, herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com writes:
> >
> >Looking at the subject line, did somebody try to kill Hitler's article?
> >
> 	Don't you know your history?  Hitler's biggest threat to the world
> was his wholesale cancelling of entire country's articles. These

And surely everyone remembers VE Day, "Virtual Environment" Day, newly
liberated Eastern Europe was finally replaced by a computer-simulation so
real that the Soviets were fooled into trying to annex it? (while all the time,
the former inhabitants basked in the sun on the Riviera.)

--
               >>>ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE MINE ALONE<<<
	  INTERNET: h.modell@ieee.org                 COMPMAIL: h.modell
	  UUCP: uw-beaver!bcsaic!ssc-bee!howie        COMPUSERVE: 72376,252