[news.software.notes] wanted: source for notes

utter@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Paula Sue Utter) (11/28/89)

Coming from an IBM MVS/VM environment, I should first confess my
ignorance of UNIX utilities.  Because of this, I'd like to ask for some
help with installing the notes facility on a Gould machine.  First of
all, could someone please tell me where I can get the source?  Secondly,
are there any pitfalls I should be looking out for when I install it?
I'd really appreciate the information.  Thanks in advance.

Sue

ewiles@netxdev.DHL.COM (Edwin Wiles) (11/29/89)

Yet Another "Me Too"!

I *do* understand unix utilities, but haven't been able to find
the 'notes' software.  I did check the archives on "uunet", but
found only patches.

Where can I find 'notes' source/software?

Please help!
				Thanks!
"Who?... Me?... WHAT opinions?!?"		| Edwin Wiles
Schedule: (n.) An ever changing nightmare.	| NetExpress Comm., Inc.
..!uunet!netxcom!ewiles (I'm certain!)		| 1953 Gallows Rd. Suite 300
OR ewiles@iad-nxe.global-mis.DHL.COM (I think!)	| Vienna, VA 22182

jsadler@bcstec.UUCP (Jim Sadler) (11/30/89)

 The university of Illinois has version and Hewlett Packard has a version.

 The U of I is available ftp.  The  HP version is harder to get but possible.

 jim sadler

jthomp@wintermute.Central.Sun.COM (Jim Thompson ) (11/30/89)

In article <186@bcstec.UUCP> jsadler@bcstec.UUCP (Jim Sadler) writes:

> The university of Illinois has version and Hewlett Packard has a version.
>
> The U of I is available ftp.  The  HP version is harder to get but possible.

Or, you can buy a Convex (computer) and get notes with the OS software.
(This route is a little expensive, but you get a *fast* computer with
your purchase of 'notes' software.  :-)

Jim
Jim Thompson - Network Engineering - Sun Microsystems -	jthomp@central.sun.com
Member of the Fatalistic International Society for Hedonistic Youth (FISHY)
"I woudn't recommend sex, drugs, or unix for everyone, but they work for me."
					- Me (paraphrasing Hunter S. Thompson)

chris@uxf.cso.uiuc.edu (Chris Martin) (12/02/89)

In article <186@bcstec.UUCP> jsadler@bcstec.UUCP (Jim Sadler) writes:

> The university of Illinois has version and Hewlett Packard has a version.
>
> The U of I is available ftp.  The  HP version is harder to get but possible.

Anonymous FTP from uxc.cso.uiuc.edu in ~/pub/Notes.tar.Z

schwager@m.cs.uiuc.edu (12/07/89)

> /* ---------- "Re: wanted: source for notes" ---------- */
> Yet Another "Me Too"!
>
> I *do* understand unix utilities, but haven't been able to find
> the 'notes' software.  I did check the archives on "uunet", but
> found only patches.
>
> Where can I find 'notes' source/software?
>
> Please help!
>                               Thanks!
> "Who?... Me?... WHAT opinions?!?"             | Edwin Wiles
> Schedule: (n.) An ever changing nightmare.    | NetExpress Comm., Inc.
> ..!uunet!netxcom!ewiles (I'm certain!)                | 1953 Gallows Rd.
Suite
 300
> OR ewiles@iad-nxe.global-mis.DHL.COM (I think!)       | Vienna, VA 22182
> /* End of text from m.cs.uiuc.edu:news.software.notes */

Email bounced, so:
You can get it from here; anonymous ftp to a.cs.uiuc.edu is easy.  If you
don't have anon. ftp, I can get a copy to you on whatever format you
prefer.
-Mike Schwager