[news.software.notes] notes access

jonas@lkbpyr.UUCP (Jonas Heyman) (01/16/90)

Hello,

I was wondering how I shut out users from notes.
First I created a notes group with the command:
mknf -on service.
Now all users can write and read this,how do I shut out all users from
reading and writing to this notes group.
And then later step by step let people in to this specific notes group.

Thanks for any help,
Sincerely Jonas

  jonas@lkbpyr.lkb.se

dave@dlb.uucp (Dave Buck) (01/19/90)

In article <409@lkbpyr.UUCP> jonas@lkbpyr.UUCP (Jonas Heyman) writes:
>I was wondering how I shut out users from notes.
>First I created a notes group with the command:
>mknf -on service.
>Now all users can write and read this,how do I shut out all users from
>reading and writing to this notes group.
>And then later step by step let people in to this specific notes group.

First, if you wish to "control" this notesfile, then you should be a director
of it.  "notes service", then "d" gets you to the director screen.  Shut off
everyone by closing the notesfile, if you wish ("o").  Or, "p" takes you to the
permissions screen, where you "m"odify "s"ystem permissions to "n"ull.
To add specific users or groups, "i"nsert "u"ser (or "g"roup), giving out
"r"ead, "w"rite, and/or "a"nswer access permissions.
--
Dave Buck	{amdahl,sun,megatest,plx,ardent,ubvax}!dlb!dave
D. L. Buck and Associates, Inc.; San Jose, California 95119; (408)972-2825