[news.software.notes] DOS news

hehir@spam.ua.oz (Catherine Hehir) (08/03/90)

Subject: Dos News
Newsgroups: news.software.b,news.software.notes

Hello,

Has anyone a news reader that runs under Dos (or OS/2)?

What about a method of mailing between DOS and Unix?

I am trying to sort out a mail and news feed for users of
a National 3Com Lan (currently running 3+Share but will
be upgraded to 3+Open in the future).

I get my newsfeed on a Sun SPARCstation SLC. I run USENET
Version B and cmdf. Most other unix machines around are
386 PC's running SCO Unix and SCO Xenix. As they do not
have sendmail, what else can I use to transfer the info?

Please reply to

   ****  hehir@spam.uz.oz.au ****
                        (my maiden name)

Until the telecom domain has been registered (1-2 weeks).

Thanks,

Catherine Conway

{               Catherine Conway,  Systems & Communications                  }
{                  Telecom Australia Information Systems                     }
{                        Adelaide, South Australia                           }
{                   Email: conway@tais.telecom.com.au                        }
{               Phone: (08) 230 7058    Fax:   (08) 230 7709                 }
{  " Goto, n.:                                                               }
{        A programming tool that exists to allow structured programmers      }
{        to complain about unstructured programmers. "                       }