[news.admin] mod.test

mcb@styx.UUCP (Michael C. Berch) (12/11/86)

In article <1449@PUCC.BITNET> IRWIN@PUCC.BITNET writes:
> As the news software takes over more of the responsibility for getting
> moderated sumbissions out (by mailing submissions to the appropriate
> alias on a backbone machine), it might be useful to re-instate a
> group analagous to mod.test.  This would allow one to test the
> posting of moderated articles without actually irritating a human
> moderator with something like: "I am testing our software, could you just
> send me mail if this test submission reached you?"
>
> The idea is that articles submitted to this group would be posted immediately
> to news; an (automatic) misc.test.mod perhaps.  Would this be useful?
> Needed?  Or am I way off base?

This is a super idea and should be implemented. What happened to the
old mod.test, anyway? I have re-created a mod.test on styx for testing
local mod groups; the moderators file entry points wherever useful for
testing purposes. When the mod.* groups disappear I'll probably change
it to misc.test.mod locally, but having a global group seems a better idea.

Michael C. Berch
ARPA: mcb@lll-tis-b.arpa
UUCP: ...!lll-lcc!styx!mcb   ...!lll-crg!styx!mcb  ...!ihnp4!styx!mcb