[news.admin] comp.os.fidonet

shor@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Melinda Shore) (04/17/87)

[]
So far I've received three newgroup messages for comp.os.fidonet, and
three rmgroup messages as well.  They haven't been interleaved in a
particularly logical order, either.  What's the gospel on
comp.os.fidonet?
--
Melinda Shore                               ..!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!shor
University of Chicago Computation Center         shor@sphinx.uchicago.edu

dpz@paul.RUTGERS.EDU (David P. Zimmerman) (04/18/87)

> From: shor@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Melinda Shore)

> So far I've received three newgroup messages for comp.os.fidonet, and
> three rmgroup messages as well.  They haven't been interleaved in a
> particularly logical order, either.  What's the gospel on
> comp.os.fidonet?

The beef is that some news adminstrators are having a field day with
newgroup messages that they shouldn't be.  Fidonet's group is
comp.org.fidonet, since it is much more of an organization than an
operating system.

						dpz
--
David P. Zimmerman           rutgers!dpz           dpz@rutgers.eduE