From: uucp@edison.ge.COM (UNIX-to-UNIX Copy)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: Submission for mod-computers-vax
Date: 28 Apr 87 06:54:31 GMT
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU

From: uucp@uvabick.UUCP (uucp)
Newsgroups: mod.computers.vax
Date: 26 Apr 87 03:23:40 GMT
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU

From: mcguffey@unc.cs.unc.edu (Michael McGuffey)
Newsgroups: mod.computers.vax,comp.sys.dec
Subject: redirection of stdio, et al.
Date: 25 Apr 87 20:28:28 GMT

page@ulowell.cs.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (05/01/87)

egisin@orchid.UUCP wrote in article <7178@orchid.UUCP>:
>There seems to be a lot of duplicate articles in comp.os.vms lately.

mod.computers.vax was "moderated" while comp.os.vms is not.
It appears that uvacs or uvabick (or someplace close by) thinks
comp.os.vms is moderated and is sending the articles to the "moderator."
In addition, it still has the 2.11 bug that includes the header
in the body of the message, and puts "Submission for ..." in the
subject line.

I posted a patch to patch 4 that fixes this.  Patch 5 had something
similar to my patch, but I haven't analyzed it since I'm still at
patch 4, waiting for the subsequent patches to stabilize (it looks
like Patch 8 is stable enough).

As far as uva* returning messages, that's not a software problem.
I suspect edison might be involved in the scandal as well.
See 7178@orchid.UUCP for the headers.

..Bob

--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.   page@ulowell.{uucp,edu,csnet}

page@ulowell.cs.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (05/01/87)

Just read that the INFO-VAX list is going to a digest format,
because of the "submission to" headers and all the rebroadcast junk.

Chalk up another one for USENET software and sys admins.

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.   page@ulowell.{uucp,edu,csnet}