[news.admin] Wanted: net.sources feed

IRWIN@pucc.UUCP (06/15/87)

In article <1440@ncc.UUCP>, lyndon@ncc.UUCP (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:

>Is there any reason that the code for the checkgroups message
>can't be changed to follow the distribution mechanism? It should
>be possible to send out a checkgroups for each of the distribution
>catagories containing only the relevent group names. We would have
>to take out the code that complains about groups to be deleted.
>The check for obsolete groups could be handled by a seperate
>control message, if indeed it's required at all given the potential
>number of alternative groups that may be appearing.

In version P 1.2 (a VM/CMS version), checkgroups examines the sys
file to discover what patterns the host claims to receive, and
ignores lines in the checkgroups article which don't match any pattern.

Irwin Tillman           BITNET: IRWIN@PUCC
Princeton University    UUCP: {allegra,ihnp4,cbosgd}!psuvax1!PUCC.BITNET!IRWIN