[news.admin] Publication schedule

jeff@cjsa.UUCP (C. Jeffery Small) (06/12/87)

Question:  We recently received aprox. 1/2 of the total mod.maps files
	during the last transmission.  I am never sure whether we have
	missed some of the postings or whether the remainder will be
	coming along in the {near|far} future.  I have been under the
	impression that all of the maps get re-posted on a regular basis.
	Are these postings split into two groups?

	Could someone please post a short not describing the scheduling
	of the map postings.

	Thanks.
--
Jeffery Small          (203) 776-2000     UUCP:   ihnp4!---\
C. Jeffery Small and Associates	                            hsi!cjsa!jeff

erik@retix.UUCP (06/15/87)

In article <222@cjsa.UUCP> jeff@cjsa.UUCP (C. Jeffery Small) writes:
>Question:  We recently received aprox. 1/2 of the total mod.maps files
>	during the last transmission.  I am never sure whether we have
>	missed some of the postings or whether the remainder will be
>	coming along in the {near|far} future.  I have been under the
>	impression that all of the maps get re-posted on a regular basis.
>	Are these postings split into two groups?

In addition, I would like to see some title in each fragment of the posting
telling it is the N'th of a total of M parts. As it is posted now, it takes
quite some investigation to figure out if you have received everything.
Especially, if you do not receive the DONE file you have no idea how much
or little you received.
Erik Forsberg, Retix, 2644 30th Street, Santa Monica CA 90405 (213) 399-2200
UUCP: {bradley,hao,litvax,trwrb,sdcrdcf,ucla-cs,ucsbcsl}!cepu!retix!erik