[news.admin] Don't Read This

gsmith@BOSCO.BERKELEY.EDU (09/18/87)

In article <1538@chinet.UUCP> rhonda@chinet.UUCP (Rhonda Scribner) writes:

>Over the next
>few months my mailbox was filled with nasty rude letters from Matthew Wiener
>(plus a couple from Gene Smith and other members of the brahms gang fan club)

  I sent you one (1) letter, which was a response to your
statement that all your mail supported your (in my opinion,
uncommonly silly) position in that debate.

>How someone who only a few
>months ago was an "idiot" according to the brahms gang suddenly gets Gene
>Ward Smith rushing to her defense sounds suspiciously like a matter of
>opportunistic convenience.

  Aren't you discounting the possibility of tender sentiments and
pro bono proclivities on my part with respect to the disadvantaged?

>It used to be we had a bigger selection to choose from.  We could have had
>Tim go after us, or we could have had Matthew, or even Gene.

  Don't forget Rhonda "Nasty" Scribner!

>Perhaps there's a lesson there a few people can learn.  If you trade rudeness
>and obnoxiousness for calmness and reasonableness, maybe you stand a better
>chance of retaining your network access in the long run.

  Fine, go and learn it if you think it a worthwhile lesson.
Otherwise, let us move this off this newsgroup at least!

ucbvax!brahms!gsmith    Gene Ward Smith/Brahmsgangster/Berkeley CA 94720
                 "Your notation sucks!"  Serge Lang