[news.admin] new groups

lawitzke@eecae.UUCP (John Lawitzke) (09/22/87)

What has possessed ...mtune!jhc to create over 60 new newsgroups?
I do not recall seeing voting for any of this take place on the
net. Could some one please inform him of the proper procedure
for creating new newsgroups?

signed: a site admin who doesn't appreciate all the junk mail
from this creation

--
j                                UUCP: ...ihnp4!msudoc!eecae!lawitzke
                                 ARPA: lawitzke@eecae.ee.msu.edu  (35.8.8.151)

billw@killer.UUCP (Bill Wisner) (09/23/87)

lawitzke@eecae.UUCP (John Lawitzke):

> What has possessed ...mtune!jhc to create over 60 new newsgroups?
> I do not recall seeing voting for any of this take place on the
> net. Could some one please inform him of the proper procedure
> for creating new newsgroups?

Those newsgroups are not a standard part of USENET; they are called inet.
The idea is similar to the altnet: carry 'em if you want 'em.

> signed: a site admin who doesn't appreciate all the junk mail
> from this creation

Did someone hold a gun to your head and say "you WILL carry these groups"? I
think not. SO DON'T COMPLAIN, DELETE THEM!
--
Bill Wisner, HASA			..ihnp4!killer!billw

'An it harms none, do what thou will.'
Everything in this message may be wrong.

xwu@pollux.usc.edu.UUCP (10/01/87)

In article <2872@eecae.UUCP> lawitzke@eecae.ee.msu.edu (John Lawitzke) writes:

>Could some one please inform him of the proper procedure
>for creating new newsgroups?

I'd like to know the procedure for creating new newsgroups.

Xinhua
xwu@usc-cse.usc.edu