[news.admin] What's this error message??

jane@tolerant.UUCP (Jane Medefesser) (11/02/87)

I have been getting the following error message for a few weeks.
Anyone seen this / know what it means???

Oct 29 22:29	<370@amethyst.ma.arizona.edu>	inews: Local group junk removed

The junk directory is indeed there and has the usual permission. It even
gets filled.  This isn't causing any problem (other than hogging a few
blocks of disk space) - it's just becoming my pet peave.

Help?

Jane Medefesser		uucp: {pyramid,mordor,oliveb,sci}!tolerant!jane
Tolerant Systems 	tele: +1 408 433 5588
81 E. Daggett Dr.
San Jose, Ca  95134

wtm@bunker.UUCP (Bill McGarry) (11/08/87)

In article <826@tolerant.UUCP> jane@tolerant.UUCP (Jane Medefesser) writes:
>I have been getting the following error message for a few weeks.
>Anyone seen this / know what it means???
>
>Oct 29 22:29	<370@amethyst.ma.arizona.edu>	inews: Local group junk removed

What seems to be happening is that the article has "junk" listed as one
of the newsgroups to be posted to.  Since the newsgroup "junk" is
strictly a local newsgroup, inews does not like it and conseqently
removes "junk" from that article's Newsgroups line.  (Yes, the error
message is misleading.)

				Bill McGarry
				Bunker Ramo, Shelton, CT

     PATH:  {philabs, decvax, fortune, yale}!bunker!wtm