[news.admin] is my postnews dead

root@bschp.UUCP (System Manager) (02/17/88)

If you are reading this please reply via email with confirmation of some
sorts. I think my postnews is broken.

                                         thanks
                                         brad turner

UUCP: ...gatech!sbmsg1!scbhq!bschp!root

root@bschp.UUCP (System Manager) (02/24/88)

In article <260@bschp.UUCP>, root@bschp.UUCP (System Manager) writes:

> If you are reading this please reply via email with confirmation of some
> sorts. I think my postnews is broken.
>
>                                          thanks
>                                          brad turner
>
> UUCP: ...gatech!sbmsg1!scbhq!bschp!root

Thanks to all who sent the one-liners and more. The reason I posted a
message to this group instead of a local test group was because news was
being posted and logged as being posted, but it wasn't leaving my site.

I finally tracked the problem down to the fact I had altered the location
of the fourth field in the sys file, but not changed BATCHDIR and run make
again. Consequently my sendbatch script was not looking in the correct
directory. Yet another humbling experience in life...I should have RTMF.

BTW: For new sites on the net. You know where the installation guide tells
     you to fill out the dirform and send to it to cbosdg!uucpmap. Well
     don't send it there. You should register it with maps@rutgers.edu.
     This was pointed out to me by msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu Thanks!

                                                 thanks again,