[news.admin] Does Ford really have a better idea?

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (03/24/88)

In article <136@ccd700.UUCP>, jim@ccd700 (J. Sitek) writes:
>them, are nothing more than collegiate buzz-words, and there is a big
>bad, corporate world out there that doesn't have time for your shit.

Can we drop this "big bad corporate world" cliche already?  CJ, like me,
is a Berkeley Math Grad Student, and the less us BMGSs have to do with
BBCW, the better.

You won't find BMGSs lining up to work for Ford Climate Control.  Never.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
"Heck, I didn't even know they had a university in Houghton Michigan."

jim@ccd700.UUCP (J. Sitek) (03/25/88)

> In article <136@ccd700.UUCP>, jim@ccd700 (J. Sitek) writes:
> >them, are nothing more than collegiate buzz-words, and there is a big
> >bad, corporate world out there that doesn't have time for your shit.
>
> Can we drop this "big bad corporate world" cliche already?  CJ, like me,
> is a Berkeley Math Grad Student, and the less us BMGSs have to do with
> BBCW, the better.
>
> You won't find BMGSs lining up to work for Ford Climate Control.  Never.

Matt, your posting has nothing to do with the issues being discussed.
Why did you post it?  You, like your buddy, have not refuted a single
point of mine. So, failing that, you resort to flaming Ford. And a
pretty feeble one at that.  I suggest that since you have nothing to
add that is remotely germane to this discussion, or this newsgroup, and
since I certainly don't have to defend the most profitable corporation
on Earth to you, we terminate this right now.

Jim Sitek

silverio@jiff.berkeley.edu (C J Silverio) (03/26/88)

>> You won't find BMGSs lining up to work for Ford Climate Control.  Never.
>
>Matt, your posting has nothing to do with the issues being discussed.
>Why did you post it?

Because it was relevant to your weak flaming, Sitek old man.

>point of mine. So, failing that, you resort to flaming Ford. And a
>pretty feeble one at that.  I suggest that since you have nothing to
>add that is remotely germane to this discussion, or this newsgroup, and
>since I certainly don't have to defend the most profitable corporation
>on Earth to you, we terminate this right now.

Snicker snicker.  Is it possible to defend Ford?  Or is Sitek copping
out?

>Jim Sitek

Anyway, Sitek, as you have the wit to notice,
this is an inappropriate forum.  I wonder why you posted
here in the first place, but let's leave that issue
for now.  If you feel you have a legitimate point
to defend, follow us elsewhere, to leave the Real Admins
in peace to do Real Work.

And, BTW, "mister" is a term of respect, and hence
not applicable to you, sirrah.

ucbvax!brahms!silverio	C J Silverio/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720

webber@athos.rutgers.edu (Bob Webber) (03/26/88)

In article <148@ccd700.UUCP>, jim@ccd700.UUCP (J. Sitek) writes:
> point of mine. So, failing that, you resort to flaming Ford. And a
> pretty feeble one at that.  I suggest that since you have nothing to

It certainly was feeble.  I much preferred the note in alt.flames
about the size and significance to Usenet of the ccd700 site.

> add that is remotely germane to this discussion, or this newsgroup, and
> since I certainly don't have to defend the most profitable corporation
> on Earth to you, we terminate this right now.

Profitable?  Well, I suppose profit is amount of value recieved minus
amount of value given.  So you want to claim that Ford has ripped off
more people than any other corporation?  Well, I don't know if I am
really sure of that, but I guess I will bow to your greater firsthand
knowledge.

------- BOB (webber@athos.rutgers.edu ; rutgers!athos.rutgers.edu!webber)